Winterizing

It was sunny for part of the day allowing me to work in the yard. I cleaned out the shed and put the patio furniture away, how depressing. The weather people are calling for the first snow (shudder) at the beginning of the week. It seems way too early after such a short summer.

While I was hauling stuff back and forth the animals came out to join me. At one point I stopped to hear a group of chickadees chattering away. JC sat under the tree closely watching them and meowing. He would turn to me and meow and I would tell him that he could not go after them. After a few times of asking and me saying no, it became too much for him and he scaled the tree anyway, scaring them all away. Later I kept seeing him streak across the yard, who knows why. Samson followed me relentlessly and I would stop and play ‘keep away’ with him. He gets really excited and goes into a full gallop around the yard, eventually tiring out and letting me continue working. I think they were happy to be out in the sun even though it was chilly.

Last night we went to a surprise birthday party thrown for a close friend. His girlfriend rented a cabin and had everyone meet there before he showed up, it worked and we had a good time. It was fun catching up with the people I should contact more often, but I guess we all say that.

Tomorrow is football and me cooking again, I really need to win this week. I will probably make chicken wings. I deep fry the wings and roll them in our own sauce, messy but very yummy. I realize it is not the healthiest food, but you have to enjoy them once in a while, like so many other things in life. That is all for the time being, hope everyone has a warm and happy weekend.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. – Hunter S. Thompson

0 comments:

Post a Comment