Reading Life's Mistakes

I sit on the couch with my legs tucked and a small container of blue cheese dressing precariously perched on my thigh. My face concealed behind an open book with a hand occasionally reaching for a veggie, dipping it in the blue cheese and then disappearing behind the book. Every few reach’s pulls a carrot for Samson who sits next to me patiently waiting, our crunching filling the silence of the room.

This was part of my day as I finished a book called The Late Bloomers Revolution, by Amy Cohen. A very true and comical book; definitely for any women that live outside the normal get married and start a family thing.

It is hard to watch all your friends disappear into having kids and doing that whole parenting thing. My parental instinct took a hike and fell off a cliff when I was around 30, and I don’t regret it like people may assume. Samson and the two cats make our family complete plus they don’t talk back. Ok, Samson and JC do once in awhile, but they are entitled to their opinion.

My point being my life choices haven’t always been great, but I have yet to find the person who has made all perfect decisions. Our mistakes remind us that there is no such thing as perfection and not to take ourselves so seriously, no matter how old you are.

It is better to be high-spirited even though one makes more mistakes, than to be narrow-minded and all too prudent. – Vincent Van Gogh

0 comments:

Post a Comment