Powers of Persuasion

How come I wasn’t born with super powers? They don’t have to be super, mediocre would be acceptable. I don’t need to be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but some super strength when doing snow removal would be handy. Flying would be nice, much cheaper than an airplane. Telekinesis would be great if you could do all the housework with your mind, especially the toilets.

The only extraordinary power I have is my ability to sleep. That is not saying I am lazy, I just enjoy getting my 8 hours of sleep a night. My theory is that my cats have slowly been brainwashing me over the years. They are the real professionals when it comes to sleeping, but I guess that is why they call them ‘cat naps’. Simply watching my cats sleep makes me yawn, they have that much power. Lately I think they are doing the same to the dog. He is currently spread eagle on his back and snoring.

So, while my cats slowly take over the house I will sleep and dream happy thoughts. The rain finally stopped for a couple days, that is a happy thought, but I will still dream of having gills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment