Gills and Nachos

I think I might grow gills. Sounds strange but it may be possible with the constant rain that has been going on for days. Having gills would be the greatest, none of that restraining scuba equipment and time limits. Why didn't Daryl Hannah have gills in the movie Splash? Were they hidden under her hair? Did Tom Hanks grow them at the end so he could stay in the water and be with her? Kevin Costner had them in the movie Waterworld. The movie was bad but the idea of having gills was pretty cool.

I had lunch with my sister and niece today, they don't have gills either. My sister offered to buy my lunch if I went and hung out with them and as she seldom offers this I ventured into the cold rain and joined them. We went to a place called La Senorita, faux Mexican cuisine, but darn tasty anyway. The three of us split a grande plate of nachos with all the fixings. Not having any money to eat out anymore this was a treat for me.

The rest of the day was full of non-accomplishments. I had heartburn and indigestion walking hand in hand through my intestinal tract. I watched some bad TV, went through the college papers again, and annoyed the cats a bit. (I like to do that once in awhile for all the times they wake me up in the middle of the night, keeps us even.) Now I think I shall go read and appreciate the classic writings, or it will put me to sleep.

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat. - Edgar Allan Poe

0 comments:

Post a Comment