Digging for Muffins

I played in the dirt today. I was not making mud pies if that is what you guessed. I cleaned out my flower boxes and separated the overgrown bulbs, hopefully not killing them in the process. I planted some of the extra bulbs in a couple other spots and promised my mom the rest. I have never done this and neither of my thumbs is green, so I did my best and am leaving it up to nature. Speaking of nature, it did not snow today, yeah! It was cold out though; even with gloves the dirt I was digging through chilled my fingers.

I did not win the football pool as I hoped, but we did tie so we are both responsible for dinner next Sunday. Pizza is what we decided to make as we both love it and haven’t had any for awhile. I would prefer to just order in but it is cheaper to make and the one place around here has not been impressive. We will just have to combine our cooking skills, as small as they may be, and come up with something fabulous.

I have also decided to take up baking. (Please hold the laughter until the end of the blog.) I am not talking of baking everything, just a couple of things to start. I have baked before, cookies and cakes, but they are pretty easy. Muffins are going to be my first attempt as I love them so, and hubby needs to lose the donuts. I am playing around with some bread ideas but have not researched it yet. I figure flour, sugar, baking soda, and such are relatively cheap for how much food you can get out of them. Plus baking warms the house and fills it with lovely aromas.

So if any of you have any great baking recipes that I should try out, send them to my email. Otherwise wish me luck and I will let you know if I burn the kitchen down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment