The Light part 2

I hesitantly look back at the house thinking I should contact someone but my feet stay rooted by curiosity. I reach out my arm and touch the light with my finger. It is the size of a bowling ball and is warm on my skin but does not burn. Stretching a little further the light engulfs my hand. I jerk my hand out at the realization I cannot see it passing through the other side of the orb. My hand is slightly pink and warm, but otherwise appears ok. What is it? Where did it come from? I scan the surrounding area for anything else out of the ordinary. Feeling courageous I stick my hand back in the light, concentrating on what it feels like. Now I am up to my elbow and slowly move my arm around blindly feeling for anything. Before I realize it I am up to my armpit and still not feeling anything but the warmth on my skin. Now my face is so close to the orb I practically have to close my eyes against the brightness of the light. I lean forward, feeling the warmth on my face as it engulfs it, and open my eyes.

To be continued…

0 comments:

Post a Comment