Winning the Game

Today was one of those days where you think everything is planned out and next thing you know it is 9pm and you wonder what happened to the day. I went into town early so I would have plenty of time to make a few stops (Kmart, used book store, Dollar store), before I had to be at registration at 2pm. The registration is another step in the paid schooling process.

I was there in plenty of time and thought I might talk to a career advisor today, that did not happen. There ended up being a good size group of people which they herded into the back and put in line. Each person was then called one at a time to show the required documentation for photocopies and given a folder full of forms to fill out. Because this was per person it took 1 1/2 hours, most of which was spent waiting. Thank God I put a book in my purse that I had just purchased. After said forms were properly filled out, we were given a business card of a career advisor and told to call them to set up an appointment. And so finishes another act on the stage.

This evening I went to my nephews football game after several requests from my sister. The bleachers were shaded and cold and I went to sit with my Dad at the car. His health is not great so they park by the fence and he watches from there. For the first time in quite a while we had a nice conversation and I learned some new things about him. Another new project is born, getting to know my Dad and taking notes for family history. I already do know my Dad, but maybe not as well as I thought. My Mom talks a lot so it is hard to hear him, but now I want to. Getting him away where I can properly listen is the hard part, but I will think of something.

After all the waiting and running around, just a nice conversation with my Dad was all it took to make me smile. Funny how sometimes we miss those things in life. Oh, and my nephews team won the game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment