Starting the waiting game

I went to the orientation to see if I qualify for school, they could not tell me. Not that it was a waste of time, but they gave us pamphlet and went over it and told us what the next step is. Basically I have to apply for a Pell grant and the Pell grant people will send me something saying I have been approved or not approved. Then I have to go and "register" for the No Worker Left Behind program and set an appointment with a career advisor.

I did talk to the instructor after orientaion to see what he had to say about me qualifying. Basically he guessed that I probably would not get a Pell grant because I have no kids and we made too much last year. I don't know how they figure that since our earnings are still in the level of poverty. But he did say that I am still a displaced worker and those are the ones that get to the top of the NWLB list the fastest. So, even though I may not qualify for a Pell grant, there is a good chance I can get it through the other.

Now I start filling out all the forms and get them the information they want, then the waiting begins. Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment