The Unseen

Samson and I went for walk earlier and I retrieved the mail from the mailbox on my way back. I received the letter from Unemployment saying how much I was going to get a week. Not that horrible, but less than I was hoping. I did some quick math and figured if we cut some more corners we would probably be ok. I hope.

This is the kind of thing I would normally stress about all day. What I am going to do? What will we cut next? Will we survive? But not today kiddies, I am going with the notion that something will work out. I am currently writing this blog on my back deck sitting in my lawn chair getting some sun. (much needed too, I am getting pasty white) Why stress about it? It will not help me in the long run. I realize money will be tight, but right now I am going with what the cosmos have thrown at my feet, time off.

I do believe you make your own destiny, but things also happen for a reason. This is giving me the opportunity to think about what I want to do next in my life. It is giving me more time to test my writing habits. And it is giving me time to get those little things done around the house that I normally save for mid winter because it is to cold to go outside.

Tomorrow I can go back to my to-do list, which is growing instead of shrinking. Today I will enjoy what I have been given, a beautiful sunny day and no plans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment