Fall Denial

Saturday night we went to the annual "Fall Denial" party put on by some friends. A bunch of people gather and bring a dish to pass, have a couple drinks, listen to a band, watch fireworks, and have fun. I always look forward to this party, it gets better every year. We ate, laughed, and had our fun early as hubby had to work Sunday morning.

I chopped and sliced my way through Sunday. Armed with a knife and cutting board I spent four hours at my sisters house, the end result was 47 jars of salsa. My mom was also there supervising the messy event. Two fingers on my left hand burned all afternoon from chopping the jalapenos and chili peppers. I was careful not to touch my eyes, but came close a couple times. My 12 year old nephew was also helping and I taught him how to properly chop peppers and tomatoes, supporting his interest in cooking. Sunday night I was tired, spending four hours with my sister and mom will do that to me. Hubby made dinner and I spent the night falling asleep in front of the television.

Summer is fading, making way for fall, and I so want to deny it. Already I see daylight disappearing a little earlier each night. Today was cool and rainy, a typical fall day, perfect for staying inside. I spent the afternoon taking notes on a couple writing books that came from the library, listening to episodes of Sex and the City. Even though I dread the thought of winter and cold, sometimes staying inside is a good thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment