Killing Time

So here I sit in the library, killing time before my next class, listening to the clickety clicks of the keyboards around me. A glance through the window sends my thoughts to spring and how I wish winter would end soon. There is an angry typist across from me, his fingers pounding the poor keys as if hitting them harder will make his point better known. Makes me curious about what he is typing. I snack on crackers carefully hidden in my bag as the library has a no food or drink policy, am I a rebel or what?

I enjoy libraries, one of the few places I can feel totally at ease in. I love that there can be a group of people all together and be quiet at the same time, can’t think of anywhere else public that happens except church and funerals, and I am not fond of those.

It is my opinion more people should take time to be quiet and listen to their thoughts once in awhile. I see too many people constantly plugged in to their electronic doohickeys. I like my mp3 player, but don’t use it every day. I don’t text because the spelling issue annoys the crap out of me.

In the end I guess that even though I am not old, sometimes I feel outdated.

4 comments:

Nooter said...

i, too, am a careful snaker. watch out for low flying bird thieves...

Unknown said...

I love libraries and dream of writing my next novel in one. Did you ever find out what the angry man was working on?

Helena

Melissa said...

Hi Helena, no I didn't discover the mystery of the angry typist, he finished and left before me. Wow, writing a novel, I can't even imagine.

Hunter said...

I love the library. We have a great one downtown. That's my big plan for tomorrow.

I too am a rebel. ;)

Post a Comment